Dear Loyal Client,
All of us at Shavitz Heating and Air Conditioning are very grateful for every opportunity to work with you. The health and safety of you, our valued client, as well as our tremendous staff (and 2nd family), is of great concern to us. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we’re monitoring and following official guidance from sources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to do our part in limiting the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to provide HVAC services to protect our clients’ investment in their homes and businesses as long as we safely can, and are allowed to by local authorities. For added safety, we’ve incorporated the following steps into our regular procedures.
- We have developed an A/C Precision Tune-Up that does not require us to enter your home if you prefer (we’ll need a little help from you).
a. Technicians will sanitize iPads/tablets in front of you prior to you approving a service ticket with a signature.
b. Technicians will sanitize temperature probes in front of you to allow you to take indoor temperatures
c. For any issues requiring us to work on equipment inside your home, we will sanitize equipment before and after we work on it. Alternatively, we can document non-urgent issues and return at a future date.
d. If you feel more comfortable to not meet in person at time of service, we can send you videos and pictures while we are onsite to ensure your areas of concern are properly addressed.
- Anyone exhibiting any symptoms, or with family members at home who are exhibiting symptoms, are instructed to stay home.
- All employees are being educated on prevention including emphasizing frequent and proper hand washing.
- Disinfectant and spray bottles have been provided to all field staff to frequently clean high contact points in the office and vehicles.
- High contact points in the office are being cleaned at an increased frequency (several times daily).
- Nitrile gloves and masks have been provided.
- Any additional precautionary measures our clients request during visits will be honored as well as avoiding hand shaking.
- Over-the-phone sales consultations are available for anyone who would still like to take advantage of any spring promotions and sales. You will be asked to take and send several pictures of your HVAC equipment so dust off those photography skills!
As a business that was started by my great grandfather in 1904, we’ve been through many crises and emergencies and will everything we can to help you get through this one. For over 100 years, your health, safety, and comfort have been our priority… and never more so than now during these uncertain times.
For more information on indoor air quality, check out this video –
(p.s. – be warned, we’re better at HVAC than making videos!)
Take care and stay safe,