The word “boiler” can give an image of an outdated, large heating appliance, but the truth is, boilers are very energy efficient and provide comfortable radiant heating. Boilers can operate with different fuel types, and come in a variety of sizes to accommodate properties from average size to large. So why consider the installation of a boiler in Park Ridge, IL? We’ll get into more details below, but no matter what your heating needs may be, including repair, replacement or maintenance, call the professionals you can count on: Shavitz Heating and Air Conditioning.
What Is a Boiler?
A boiler is part of a hydronic heating system in which water is heated to a temperature of 180 degrees and then circulated through a system of pipes where the heat from the water is released through radiators, baseboard or radiant tubing.
What Are the Different Types of Boilers?
There are 4 main types of boilers for your home:
- Gas boiler – the most common type of boiler, a gas boiler uses natural gas to heat the water in the system. There are 3 kinds of gas boilers available: conventional, combination (also known as combi) and condensing. Gas boilers are very energy efficient and durable.
- Electric boiler – electric boilers use electricity to heat the water in the system. These types of boilers are very energy efficient, using a small amount of electricity to work. They also tend to be smaller in size and do not emit any kind of carbon dioxide as gas boilers can.
- Oil boiler – like the other two boilers, oil boilers are very energy efficient and durable. However, oil prices can vary greatly, which can make the operation of them more expensive.
Benefits of Boilers
No matter what type of boiler you choose, there are benefits to be gained:
- Even heating – the heat from boilers is distributed through outlets that radiate heat rather than blow heated air; this makes the heating even and gradual, which can be more comfortable.
- Quiet operation – the only noise a boiler makes is when it is heating the water; otherwise, the system is very quiet.
- Piping system allows for easy zoning – the piping system of a boiler can make it easier to designate different heating zones inside your home.
- No blowing dust – a boiler system doesn’t use air to deliver the heat, which helps to greatly reduce the circulation of dust particles in your home.
Boilers are very energy efficient and provide comfortable heating for your home. If you are interested boiler installation service in Park Ridge, IL, call Shavitz Heating and Air Conditioning today and speak with one of our installation experts.